Chippendale designed side chair made in Philadelphia, 1760. The crest rail on the chair has a central carved shell. Carved shells also adorn the earpieces. The curved stiles extend to form the splayed back legs of the chair. The seat rail has a shell caved at its center. The splat is also heavily carved with scrolling foliage. The cabriole legs end with ball and claw feet. The seats are upholstered in a grey cotton fabric with white leaves. The chairs measure 3 ¾ inches high x 2 1/8 inches wide x 2 inches and are available in a walnut finish.